Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Dolly Parton!

Dolly Parton and I have shared the same birthday for the past 35 years.  By the time she was my age she was already a country icon in Nashville and was about to premiere her new movie "9 to 5".  She has won Grammies, Emmies, and numerous other awards.  She's immortalized with a star on Hollywood's walk of fame. 

I will, sadly, never accomplish half of the things she has in her lifetime.  However, there is one thing I have done that the great Miss Dolly Parton has not.... I've become a mother.   Happy Birthday to Me!

So, here I am.  My 35th birthday.  I just poured my first glass of wine and I'm waiting for my 4 year old rugrats to get home from pre-school with Hubby.  We are going to celebrate!  Italian food and ice cream cake, topped with a dose of Dora followed by some Dinosaur books.

This blog is my gift to me as a memoir to my kids.  I don't know where it will go, or what it will become, but I do know this:  The stories, the feelings, the emotion, and I will all be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment